Friday, March 20, 2020
As a manufacturer and supplier for critical vertical markets including transportation, medical device, food and agriculture, Pacific Barcode is considered a Critical Manufacturing Facility and will remain open in accordance with the State of California’s COVID-19 Emergency Business Closure.
We are following the guidelines of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
We have instituted the following policies and procedures related to COVID-19:
- Reinforce the need to follow local authorities’ guidelines and recommendations.
- Reorganization of all departments to follow the guidelines of social distancing
- Outreach to employees with messaging around workplace hygiene and sanitizing efforts.
- Encourage employees who are sick to stay at home
- A large number of support personnel will be telecommuting from home.
- We are staggering production shifts to allow for fewer employees in the facility at one time allowing for additional social distancing.
Production and response times may be slower than normal during these critical times.